260 Results: Quick Search has indigo and [Object]Period is ""
Ainu Robe (Attush)
- 19th century
- 19th Century
- 49 in. x 51 in. (124.46 cm x 129.54 cm)
- Creation Place:
- Hokkaido, Japan
- Medium and Support:
- Elm bark, cotton, indigo
- Credit Line:
- Gift of Keisuke Serizawa
- Accession Number:
- Currently on view:
This object has the following bibliographic references:
- Mrs. Martha W. Roth. A Transcultural Mosaic. Mingei International Museum. San Diego, CA , 1993.
This object has been included in the following exhibitions:
- A Transcultural Mosaic - Selections from Mingei International's (1998/99). 8/8/1998 - 7/4/1999.
- Mingei of Japan 2000 - Mingei International's Permanent Collection. 3/4/2000 - 8/13/2000.
- Shibui –The Subtle Beauty of Japanese Craft. 11/8/2008 - 5/31/2009.
- True Blue: Indigo, Turquoise, Cobalt, and Lapis Lazuli. 8/4/2012 - 2/17/2013.
- Mingei of Japan - Treasures New and Old from the Museum's Collection. 4/2/2016 - 10/2/2016.
This object is a member of the following portfolios