20 Results: Portfolio is "Pre-Columbian" and [Object]Country is "Mexico" and [Object]Century is ""
Crab Effigy Vessel
- 200 B.C.E. - 300 C.E.
- 4 1/2 in. x 8 1/4 in. (11.43 cm x 20.96 cm)
- Colima, Western Shaft Tomb
- Creation Place:
- Colima, Mexico
- Object Type:
- Medium and Support:
- Credit Line:
- Purchase made possible by a generous gift from Akaloa Resource Foundation
- Accession Number:
- Currently on view:
This object has the following bibliographic references:
- Armand J. Labbé. Pre-Columbian Art: Marine Animal Forms. Mingei International Museum. San Diego, CA , 2001. Page Number: 104.
- Harmer Johnson. Guide To The Arts of The Americas. Rizzoli. New York , September 15, 1992.
- Geoffrey H. S. Bushnell. Ancient Arts of the Americas. F. A. Praeger. New York, NY , 1965.
This object has been included in the following exhibitions:
- Pre-Columbian Art - Marine Animal Forms. 12/11/2001 - 10/28/2003.
- La Vida Antigua, Life in Ancient Mexico. 10/29/2012 - 7/1/2015.
- Art of the Americas--Mesoamerican and Pre-columbian Art from Mingei's Permanent Collection. 7/15/2017 - 2/18/2018.
This object is a member of the following portfolios