2 Results: Portfolio is "Pre-Columbian" and [Object]Century is "1st - 8th Century"
Stirrup-spout Toad Effigy Bottle
- 200 - 500 CE
- 1st - 8th Century
- 7 1/2 in. x 4 1/2 in. (19.05 cm x 11.43 cm)
- Creation Place:
- North Coast Peru
- Object Type:
- Social ceremonial food service
- Medium and Support:
- Slip painted terracotta
- Credit Line:
- Collection of Mingei International Museum; purchase made possible by a generous gift from Akaloa Resource Foundation.
- Accession Number:
- Currently on view:
This object has the following bibliographic references:
- Armand J. Labbé. Pre-Columbian Art: Marine Animal Forms. Mingei International Museum. San Diego, CA , 2001. Page Number: 62.
- Harmer Johnson. Guide To The Arts of The Americas. Rizzoli. New York , September 15, 1992.
- Geoffrey H. S. Bushnell. Ancient Arts of the Americas. F. A. Praeger. New York, NY , 1965.
This object has been included in the following exhibitions:
- Pre-Columbian Art - Marine Animal Forms. 12/11/2001 - 10/28/2003.
- Art of the Americas--Mesoamerican and Pre-columbian Art from Mingei's Permanent Collection. 7/15/2017 - 2/18/2018.
This object is a member of the following portfolios