2 Results: Portfolio is "Pre-Columbian" and [Object]Century is "1200-100 CE"
Brownware Tuna Effigy Vessel
- c. 1200/900 - 500 B.C.
- 1200-100 CE
- 4 1/8 in. x 14 in. x 5 in. (10.48 cm x 35.56 cm x 12.7 cm)
- Creation Place:
- Coastal Ecuador
- Object Type:
- Medium and Support:
- Credit Line:
- Collection of Mingei International Museum; purchase made possible by a generous gift from Akaloa Resource Foundation.
- Accession Number:
- Currently on view:
This object has the following bibliographic references:
- Armand J. Labbé. Pre-Columbian Art: Marine Animal Forms. Mingei International Museum. San Diego, CA , 2001. Page Number: 35.
- Harmer Johnson. Guide To The Arts of The Americas. Rizzoli. New York , September 15, 1992.
- Geoffrey H. S. Bushnell. Ancient Arts of the Americas. F. A. Praeger. New York, NY , 1965.
This object has been included in the following exhibitions:
- The Making of Art First 30,000 Yrs. 9/5/2009 - 10/4/2009.
- Art of the Americas--Mesoamerican and Pre-columbian Art from Mingei's Permanent Collection. 7/15/2017 - 2/18/2018.
This object is a member of the following portfolios