34 Results: Portfolio is "Pre-Columbian" and [Object]Country is "Mexico"
Fish Effigy Vessel
- 300 BC - AD 350
- 5 3/4 in. x 10 1/2 in. (14.61 cm x 26.67 cm)
- Western Shaft Tomb
- Creation Place:
- Object Type:
- Medium and Support:
- Credit Line:
- Collection of Mingei International Museum; purchase made possible by a generous gift from Akaloa Resource Foundation.
- Accession Number:
- Currently on view:
This object has the following bibliographic references:
- Armand J. Labbé. Pre-Columbian Art: Marine Animal Forms. Mingei International Museum. San Diego, CA , 2001. Page Number: 61.
- Harmer Johnson. Guide To The Arts of The Americas. Rizzoli. New York , September 15, 1992.
- Geoffrey H. S. Bushnell. Ancient Arts of the Americas. F. A. Praeger. New York, NY , 1965.
This object has been included in the following exhibitions:
- Art of the Americas--Mesoamerican and Pre-columbian Art from Mingei's Permanent Collection. 7/15/2017 - 2/18/2018.
This object is a member of the following portfolios